January 27, 2012

Chocolate Frogs Box Template

In Harry Potter, there are some lovely sweets called Chocolate Frogs. They come in boxes that each have a collectable card in them.

This template was altered from the one I found at Chica and Jo.com, which was a very useful site.
However, the main alterations I made were:

  • I made the purplish colour into a deep blue, because that was more how I had always imagined the boxes in the Harry Potter movies
  • I made the bronze colour into more of a gold for the same reasons as the above point
  • I got rid of the colour in most of the tabs to save on ink
  • I put text on the bottom of the boxes so that I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of lining up my printer to print on the backs of each of the wizard cards
  • I made my own wizard cards to put inside of the boxes, which I placed conveniently right next to the box on the same page to minimize paper waste
I hope you find that these alterations suit your desires for a chocolate frog box. I made ten individual chocolate frog cards and descriptions, one for everyone at the party. I've uploaded my Albus Dumbledore one here and provided links to the other ones below the picture, which are up on my MediaFire account so that this post does not get cluttered.

This is the Albus Dumbledore Chocolate Frog Card and template. The description is taken directly from the book.

LINKS TO THE OTHER PRE-MADE CHOCOLATE FROG CARDS:
(They are in alphabetical order)

Bertie Bott Chocolate Frog

Harry Potter Chocolate Frog

Hermione Granger Chocolate Frog

Merlin Chocolate Frog

Morgan le Fay Chocolate Frog

Neville Longbottom Chocolate Frog

Ron Weasley Chocolate Frog

Severus Snape Chocolate Frog

Voldemort Chocolate Frog

THE ALTERABLE PHOTOSHOP FILE:

Chocolate Frog Photoshop Template


Putting the boxes together is pretty straightforward: fold all of the tabs and glue the ones on the bottom of the card together to make the sides of the bottom, and glue the tab on the top so that it stand up like 3D. You don't need to glue the tabs on the top of the template to the bottom of it; they are simply there to hold the lid down.

Another important note is that we printed these templates on card stock again. Card stock is just a heavier type of paper that is sturdier than regular printer paper. It was very useful for making the Chocolate Frog boxes stiffer.

Comment for any Chocolate Frog card requests, and I'll do the most popular :)

*Later edit* There are also ways to purchase chocolate frog templates and wizard cards, many found on Etsy. Here is one suggestion, made by a commenter: Etsy $5.00 Printable Chocolate Frog boxes and Wizard Cards

>>Link to Table of Contents

20 comments:

  1. Here's another version of the same: https://www.etsy.com/listing/102403682/printable-honeydukes-chocolate-frog (I love this version by the way, it's nice and simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll add a link at the end of this post :)

      Delete
  2. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad it helps :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I am so using this! I have a chocolate frog mold and was wanting to use it for my daughter birthday party but hey, no box. This will be perfect. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible! I'm making a HP party next saturday for my birthday and I'll be using this as souvenirs.. thank you, I adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stuff, you are so creative! Do you have a pdf that just has the cards? Thinking that would be a great party bag stuffer. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So COOL!!! Could you make a Chocolate Frog Card of SIRIUS BLACK too :-)? Would be great... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand how to fold this, everyt time i do it the top doesn't match up and theres a big hole in the center, help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm.. does anyone know where you can get frog moulds in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them in Darcy's Sweet shop :)

      Delete
    2. You could use Cadbury's Freddo Frogs 20p each

      Delete
  9. I LOVE Harry Potter, and also have the Lego set!! :D I recently made a review on Harry Potter as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information.
    who is zoe sugg

    ReplyDelete
  11. use freddos for choc frogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU for sharing these! Makes life easy for those of us who want to make a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for providing these! Will be making them for the Harry Potter party my daughter's class is having!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't download the file for the alterable template is is possible to e-mail it to me? mylee166@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to alter the template a little so I could create other wizarding cards - for example, describing the people I'm giving the frogs to. I can't figure out how to alter the template - it's not giving me a lot of options. Any pointers? agnesask@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guys Can U Make Tutorial On It I Cant Do ! pls help me

    ReplyDelete